2022 PGA TOUR CHAMPIONS QUALIFYING TOURNAMENT: Tournament Information
All Applicants shall review and adhere to 2022 PGA TOUR Champions Qualifying Tournament Rules and Regulations
Registrations must be completed online by 5:00 pm EDT (Eastern Daylight Time) on, Friday, October 29, 2021, without exception. Entries by telephone, facsimile or e-mail are NOT acceptable. An application to enter must be completely executed for an applicant to be entered in the PGA TOUR Champions Qualifying Tournament.
All entry fee payments must be made by credit card (Mastercard, Visa or American Express ONLY).
Each applicant must be a professional golfer or highly skilled amateur golfer, who is 50 years of age or older, or who is 49 years of age provided he turns 50 on or before June 1, 2022 in order to begin competition at any level (First or Final Stage) of the 2022 PGA TOUR Champions Qualifying Tournament.
Amateurs who meet the above age criteria are entitled to enter the 2022 PGA TOUR Champions Qualifying Tournament. An amateur finishing among the top 30 and those tied for 30th position at the Final Qualifying Stage must forfeit their amateur status upon entry in their first PGA TOUR Champions tournament or PGA TOUR Champions Event Qualifier of the 2022 PGA TOUR Champions Season.
Although membership in PGA TOUR Champions is based principally on this competition, PGA TOUR Champions reserves the right to apply reasonable criteria other than performance in this competition (including but not limited to; character; conduct; financial responsibility; etc.) to all applicants. Based on all such factors, PGA TOUR Champions in its sole discretion will determine whether to extend to any applicant an invitation to join PGA TOUR Champions.
If an applicant successfully qualifies and agrees to accept such invitation to participate in PGA TOUR Champions tournaments and/or PGA TOUR Champions Event Qualifiers, applicant agrees to pay the fees and dues and to abide by PGA TOUR Champions Tournament Regulations in consideration of all the rights and privileges of such access. The applicant also understands that this registration may at any time be rejected (including during the PGA TOUR Champions Qualifying Tournament) by PGA TOUR Champions. Conduct unbecoming a professional or noncompetitive performance in previous PGA TOUR Champions tournaments or any level of PGA TOUR Champions Qualifying Tournament may be a basis for the rejection of a registration.
PGA TOUR Champions reserves the right to change the PGA TOUR Champions Qualifying Tournament and schedule from that presently contemplated.
All applicants, except those exempt to the Final Qualifying Stage, shall participate in the First Qualifying Stage.
- The field size at each First Qualifying Stage site is scheduled to be approximately 78 players.
- First Qualifying Stage will be conducted at stroke play over 72 holes, with no reduction (cut) of the field.
- The number of players advancing from each First Qualifying Stage site to the Final Qualifying Stage will be on a pro rata basis (i.e., roughly the same percentage of players from each site will advance), and such number will be announced during the First Qualifying Stage.
- In the event of a tie for the last qualifying position there will be a hole-by-hole play-off immediately following the last stipulated round to determine the players who will advance to the Final Qualifying Stage.
- Two (2) alternates from each First Qualifying Stage site will be established.
- In the event of a tie for the last alternate position there will be a hole-by-hole play-off immediately following the last stipulated round to determine the alternates.
- PGA TOUR Champions shall assign an on-site Tournament Official who shall appoint a Rules Committee. The Rules Committee's decisions shall be final.
- PGA TOUR Champions reserves the right to remove a player from the PGA TOUR Champions Qualifying Tournament, without any refund of the entry fee, who has been determined to be noncompetitive by the on-site PGA TOUR Champions Rules Committee.
FIRST Qualifying Stage - Stroke play contested over 72 holes
|SITES: Primm VAlley (CA, near Las Vegas, NV) - Buckhorn Golf and Country Club (FL, Near Tampa)|
|SITES: Orange County National - Panther Lake Course (FL, Orlando)|
November 14 - 19, 2021
November 27 - December 2, 2021
Successful First Qualifying Stage applicants and applicants exempt to the Final Qualifying Stage shall participate in the Final Qualifying Stage.
- The field size at the Final Qualifying Stage is scheduled to be 78 players.
- The Final Qualifying Stage will be conducted at stroke play over 72 holes, with no reduction (cut) of the field.
FINAL Qualifying Stage - Stroke play contested over 72 holes
- Practice Rounds: Sunday, December 5, 2021 12:00p.m. onward & Monday, December 6, 2021
- Official Rounds: Tuesday - Friday, December 7 - 10, 2021